- Original physical (160x120cm) canvas painting by Ben Mosley representing Max Whitlock’s Rio Medal moments in his inimitable. expressionist style. Completed 22nd July 2021. Acrylic, 24k gold leaf and Palladium on canvas.
- Time lapse video file of Ben Mosley creating the original painting.
- A replica of the Team GB Leotard worn by Max Whitlock during his Gold Medal Performance. Signed by Max.
- NFT of original painting.
- High resolution digital version of original painting.
- Meet and greet with Max Whitlock (details coming soon)
This is a once-in-a lifetime opportunity to own a piece of TeamGB Olympic history. As Max Whitlock prepares to defend his gold medals from the 2016 Olympic Games, he has become one of the first Olympic athletes to drop an NFT commemorating those golden moments in Rio.
Max collaborated directly with TeamGB’s Artist in residence Ben Mosley, to capture the spirit and exuberance of Max’s gold medal moments in this painting called Max’s Triumph.
A note from the artist, Ben Mosley: “Painting Great Britain’s most successful gymnast of all time was a terrific honour. To win two gold medals in the way he did at Rio was truly inspirational. I depicted Max in four different ways, one of him on the pommel horse, one of him on the floor, one of him flying through the air and one of him triumphant with his fist in the air. The painting contains real 24k gold to honour his triumph. The crowd you see in the piece are a representation of us, the people of Great Britain, celebrating his victory in Rio”
The winning bidder in this auction will have purchased one of the most unique and valuable combinations of physical and digital collectibles ever offered in a sale of this kind.
On behalf of TeamGB we thank you for participating in this ground-breaking experience. Max is looking forward to meeting the winner and sharing his stories and inspiration with you.